Trees For Years 2016
Free annual tree and fruit bush giveaway
Saturday 30 January 10am - 1pm.
Colchester Borough Council have 2016 free trees and fruit bushes to give away as the popular annual Trees for Years initiative returns for the tenth year in a row.
The free plants are available to Colchester Borough residents, community groups and parish councils. Residents can collect up to three plants per household and up to 15 per community group, school or parish council.
This year's initiative includes a variety of fruit bushes, decorative shrubs and trees to help create a greener Colchester for all.
Species available this year are:
- Raspberry cane
- Blackcurrant cane
- Gooseberry bush
- Forsythia x intermedia 'spectabilis'
- Field maple (acer campestre)
- Bird cherry (prunus padus)
- Silver birch (betula pendula)
- Hazel cob nut (corylus avellana)
- Red stem dogwood (cornus alba 'siberica')
Yellow stem dogwood (cornus stolonifera 'flaviramea')
The 2016 bare root trees and fruit bushes will be available on a first come first served basis.
Trees must be planted on private property. Postcodes will be recorded to monitor the distribution.
- Cultivation guidance [23kb] can be found here and will be available on the day so that trees can be selected, taking into account the ultimate size and form of mature trees.
- Remember to bring a bag to put your trees in.