Colchester's Big Community Switch
Make energy costs cheaper!
iChoosr have joined forces with a broker called 'Make it Cheaper' to provide businesses with information on how they can reduce their energy bills, they will help local companies negotiate the best deals by moving to commercial tariffs and meters. To find out more please go to the online registration page or call 0800 188 4915.
Save money on household energy bills!
We are offering a free quarterly collective switching scheme to give Colchester residents the opportunity to register and potentially benefit from cheaper bills for gas and electricity through collective buying power.
So far we have saved residents over £259,682 on their fuel bills with over 3,640 Colchester residents taking part in Colchester's Big Community Switch. Those saying 'yes' to switching energy provider after receiving their offer will be paying on average £223 less for their home energy bill over the next year.
Sign up for free
To sign up for free, all you need is access to a computer, a recent energy bill and an email address.
If you do not have a personal email address, you may use a friend or family member's but you may prefer to take the time to set up your own as there will be direct communication from the switching scheme company keeping you informed of progress during the process.
Take part in the next auction
- The next Big Community Switch round will be launched on 4 April 2017
- You will have up until 22 May 2017 to complete your online registration form
- Registration lines close and the energy auction takes place on 23 May 2017
- iChoosr will send your switch offers out to you from 5 June 2017
- You will need to confirm that you would like to switch before 4 July 2017
The Winter Auction 2016/17 is closed
- The energy auction took place on 14 February 2017
- iChoosr sent switch offers out to you from 21 February 2017
- You will need to confirm that you would like to switch before 28 March 2017
Missed the last auction date?
Don't worry! Residents are now able to register after the auction has closed! As long as you live within the Council area, all you need to do is register as normal, following the 'sign up for free' link above, and you will receive an offer instantly! Try it today and you could save ££££'s on your energy costs!
For more information about the Big Community Switch please call the councils 24 hour automated information line on 01206 507555
Your local Zone Team can also provide further information about registering for the Big Community Switch as well as provide you with more energy saving tips. If you need some extra help please pop into a 'Coffee and Chat' morning with your local Zone Warden, especially if you are an older person, have problems accessing a computer or have a disability and think you will find registering difficult. To find out when the next 'Coffee and Chat' event is in your area just get in touch with your local zone team by visiting
Information update for residents that took part in the last auction:
- If you have not received your emailed offer letter check your email 'spam' folder; if you can't find it contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your ID number, name and address.
- If you need to speak to someone about the last auction please call the Big Community Switch Helpline on 0800-0488285. Opening hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. Saturday & Sunday - Closed.
- If you have any problems or questions during your registration or you did not get an offer by email please contact email@example.com.
Residents on Oil
Collective buying of Heating Oil
Not an Oil buying scheme in your area?
If there is not a scheme running in your area you could consider becoming a Volunteer Coordinator which means potentially you can make further savings.