Colchester Borough Homes
Colchester Borough Homes (CBH) is an Arms Length Management Organisation set up and owned by Colchester Borough Council. Part of the local business community since 2003, CBH is an award-winning organisation providing management and maintenance services to around 7,000 residential, commercial and public buildings in the local area, including the Council's housing stock, Colchester Castle, Leisure World Colchester and Colchester Town Hall.
CBH offers a range of services to the private, public and non-profit sectors, including:
- Buildings maintenance, renovations, refurbishments and repairs
- Lettings, tenancy management and income collection
- Housing options and advice
- Asset management
- Facilities management
- Health & safety
- Construction projects
- Energy efficiency
CBH is an ambitious organisation focused on delivering quality services to customers and committed to delivering value for money. CBH works closely with the Council and residents to make Colchester a better place to live and work.
CBH has a Board which is responsible for setting the company's strategic direction. The Board is a mixture of tenants/leaseholders, councillors and independent members. It is made up of four councillors, four tenants/leaseholders and four independent members.
The 'CBH Way' illustrates the company's key values and focus is placed on these in the planning and delivery of its services.
The company values are:
- Building Trust We will work with customers to build trust in our service
- Delivering Tenant Led Services We will work with customers to improve what we do, and promote fair and equal services for all
- Commitment to Our Communities We will offer customers services they can rely on, which respect the needs of the community and individuals
- Delivering Professional Services Our staff are highly trained to enable customers to receive a knowledgeable response
- Providing Value for Money In everything we do
Colchester Borough Homes places great emphasis on putting their residents at the heart of what they do and offers many ways for residents to get involved in the services the company delivers.